Saturday 9 May 2009

Welcome to the Wrongly Accused Person blog page

Following a tragic incident detailed more fully on the Wrongly Accused Person website, I was arrested and charged with an horrendous crime I couldn't have committed and remanded for almost 6 months in HMP Aberdeen.
During that time I became aware of what really happens in our justice system and how easy it is to convict someone for something they have never done and could never do. I was lucky and had a good legal team who secured my acquittal following what can only be described as a ridiculous attempt at prosecution. Even defence witnesses corroborated everything I had persistently said from day one, ultimately showing the case against me for what it was. However the damage done to so many innocent people in the process is something we will never be able to fully recover from on top of the tragic loss we suffered prior to it.
After my acquittal I quickly decided that the justifiable anger and bitterness I felt was in no ways going to help, neither me nor anyone else so decided to channel my emotions towards making a difference to others affected by the same routine actions. Actions which happen day in, day out across the whole of the UK creating more victims than it protects.
Now that I've started I find more and more shocking stories everyday, more victims and more families torn apart by those we entrust to keep us safe. Patterns of the system emerge at every wrongful arrest or imprisonment which in my opinion proves that these regular occurrences can be nothing other than deliberate though I am undecided as to the motive. Is it to secure and meet conviction rates, to exceed targets on crime and prosecution or simply to further the careers of those responsible who often are acting in positions above that of which they normally hold? In any event the tally sheets of many require serious recalculation and any found lacking in integrity exposed to allow the public to have an informed view on whether or not we have a justice system to be proud of.
I have however through my work on the site been introduced to Sandra Lean, the author of "No Smoke, The Shocking Truth About The British Justice System.", who after years of experience in this area can recite the process I went through without being told a thing. Her book is available via the site, and I am glad to say it seems we will be working closely together to make the difference needed for everyone's security in the future.
The time is right for change, for improvement and for proper justice to prevail over that which currently exists.

Welcome,

Billy Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment